Make Land Available
When you make land available for farming you help secure a future for farming in your community. Farmers are looking for land—from a small vegetable plot to livestock or crops. Productive, sustainable uses for all or parts of your property can bring many rewards! Learn the benefits of making your land available to a farmer, what to expect, the importance of communication, and tips on evaluating your property for farming.
We can help you:
- Create or improve farming uses on your land
- Draft sound land use agreements
- Find the right farmer who will productively work and care for your land
- Meet your stewardship & other objectives
We work with individual landowners, land trusts, institutions, and government representatives to make land an even greater asset to the community by helping to ensure a future for farming.
Our field agents offer one-on-one advising at low or no-cost assistance across New England. Costs vary depending on your needs and available funding. Complete our Landowner Form to initiate a no-cost informational session.
- Find resources for Landowners
- Complete the Where Do I Start? Making My Land Available for Farming workbook
- Watch the recordings of our webinar series, Introduction to Making Your Land Available for Farming.
- Post your property on New England Farmland Finder
“We found the farmer recruitment process to be more involved than expected. Land For Good helped us find the perfect farmers for our property.”David Ames, Landowner (MA)